Besides state and federal taxes, residents of Collegeville pay the following taxes:

Real Estate Tax

4.9 mils - Collegeville Borough
(3.9 General Purpose & 1.0 Fire Services)
3.459 mils - Montgomery County
31.6 mils - Perkiomen Valley School District

Earned Income Tax 1.4% of Earned Income - .5% to Collegeville, .9% to PVSD
Real Estate Transfer Tax 2% of the sale amount; 1% paid by buyer, 1% paid by seller
Of the 2%, .5% to Collegeville; .5% to PVSD; 1% to Pennsylvania
Per Capita Taxes Eliminated
Local ServicesTax (LST) $52 per year - all individuals working in Collegeville Borough

Additional Information

Real Estate Taxes to Collegeville Borough, current rate is 4.9 mils
Proceeds from the real estate tax is divided between general purpose (3.9 mils) and Fire Serives (1.0 mils). To compute this tax, the assessment is multiplied by the millage rate, then divided by 1000. For example, a house assessed at $182,580 (a sample Collegeville Crossing assessment) would pay $894.64. Proceeds from this tax to the Borough are about $1,200,000 per year.

By law, all properties in Montgomery County are reassessed at the same time. The last such reassessment was in 1998. The assessment is based on the fair market value of the property at the date of the assessment. Each year, the county releases a factor which can be applied to the assessment to compute the current fair market value. If you believe this valuation is too high, an appeal can be made to the Montgomery County Board of Assessment Appeals in Norristown - phone number 610-278-3761.

Questions on all real estate taxes, including those remitted to Montgomery County and the Perkiomen Valley School District, can be directed to the Collegeville Borough Real Estate Tax Collector:  Kelly Taylor, at 610-717-6500,  Real Estate Tax Collector hours are Tuesdays, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Earned Income Taxes
These taxes are generally collected where an individual works, and then remitted to Collegeville. If the rate where one works is higher than the Collegeville rate, the difference will be collected and remitted to the municipality of employment. Questions concerning earned income taxes should generally be directed to the employer or Berkheimer at 610-279-7500 or