Hurricane Ida Information
On September 10, FEMA announced Pennsylvania was eligible for disaster relief.
Individuals in Montgomery County can apply with FEMA the following ways:
- Apply online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov (Espanol)
- Call the application phone number at 1-800-621-3362 (TTY: 800-462-7585)
- Apply in person at a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC)
Montgomery County will announce the location of a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) in the coming days. At the DRC residents can apply for aid in person, visit for information about FEMA or other disaster assistance programs, or ask questions related to their case. For additional information on the Pennsylvania disaster declaration, visithttps://www.fema.gov/disaster/4618.
If you have insurance, you should file a claim with your insurance company immediately. FEMA assistance cannot aid with losses already covered by insurance.
We encourage residents to:
- Take photos of your damaged home and belongings;
- Make a list of damaged/lost items;
- File a claim with your insurance company if you have insurance;
- Report property damage as listed on Montco’s Ida webpage; and
- Keep receipts of costs incurred due to displacement.
Montgomery County is offering resources to individuals and families who are currently experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness due to the impacts of Hurricane Ida. Residents should contact Your Way Home by dialing 2-1-1 or texting their zip code to 898-211 to check availability of resources, which may include short term hotel housing in certain cases.
Short term hotel housing is prioritized for individuals or families who are:
- Sleeping outside
- Sleeping in a car
- Staying in overcrowded or unsafe housing conditions
- Staying in a hotel and are at risk of being displaced
- Staying in housing that is now condemned or otherwise deemed unsafe
Short-term hotel housing is offered at no cost to Montgomery County residents who have been displaced.
CLEAN UP ASSISTANCE
The Hurricane Ida Crisis Cleanup Hotline has been established for residents who have sustained damage and need help with cutting fallen trees, removing affected drywall, flooring, and appliances, tarping roofs, and mold remediation. Call the Hotline at 844-965-1386.
All recovery updates from Montgomery County are posted at www.montcopa.org/Ida.
SBA LOAN INFORMATION FACT SHEET
More information can be found in these resources:
Borough council meets the 1st Wednesday of each month.
Borough of Collegeville
Copyright 2021 Borough of Collegeville.