About the Borough
Approximately 5,200 people live in Collegeville Borough and 40,000 in the Collegeville region (the 19426 zip code). Close to 100,000 people live within a 5-mile radius. The borough is on an area of 1.6 square miles.
The Borough of Collegeville is home to Ursinus College, a private, Liberal Arts College with 1,600 undergraduate students and 500 staff.
The Borough of Collegeville retains the charm and hospitality of a small town. Together with the region we offer numerous amenities for families and businesses:
- Annual Memorial Day and Halloween Parades
- Multiple community park events and activities
- Town and gown events on the Ursinus campus
- Highly walkable community. Look for 5K running and car show fundraisers on borough streets
- Local and county historical sites and events
- Perkiomen Trail, a regional bike and walking trail
- County parks, including Norristown Farm Park, Green Lane Park and the Mill Grove Audubon Center
- Evansburg State Park
- Libraries and more
- Living with Wildlife Statement
We are one of the safest communities in Montgomery County and the state. The Borough maintains its own police department within the borough. The Collegeville Police Department (CPD) serves the residents, businesses, and the Ursinus College Campus. They provide assistance to departments in local municipalities who in turn provide assistance to them.
Since the opening of the Collegeville exit of the 422 expressway in 1984, the Collegeville region has experienced rapid growth and affluence.
High tech industries continue to bring well-paying jobs to the area. Located within a few miles of the borough are:
- Dow Chemical Company’s Northeast Dow Center,
- Pfizer pharmaceuticals global campus,
- GlaxoSmithKline’s research and development facility,
- Quest Diagnostics’ administrative facility, and
- SEI Investment Company’s Oaks campus.
Borough council meets the 1st Wednesday of each month.
Borough of Collegeville
Copyright 2020 Borough of Collegeville.