Home » Business » Permit Applications

Permit Applications

Items that require permits
  • New construction and additions
  • Sheds
  • Pools, in-gound and above-ground
  • Decks
  • Patios
  • Detached garages
  • Fences
  • All construction in the floodplain including paving, grading, excavation and dredging.
  • Signs (new and replacement)
Alterations/Repairs Not Requiring a Permit
  • Exterior and interior painting.
  • Installation, repair and replacement of any interior finish in a one or two-family dwelling, such as vinyl wall covering, plastering, or drywall on an existing wall.
  • Wallpapering at any location.
  • The replacement of glass in any window or door.  However, the replacement glass shall be of a type and quality so as to comply with minimum requirements of the code.
  • The installation and replacment of any window or door, including garage doors, in the same opening without altering the dimensions of framing of the original opening.  This shall  include storm window and storm doors. Any new door or window shall be of the same type and operation as the existing and shall not reduce the minimum requirements of the code for means of egress and emergency escape.
  • The repair and replacement of any interior or exterior trim, decoration or moldings.
  • The replacement or installation of any flooring material.
  • The re-roofing of residential dwellings.  Accessory buildings for residential use also do not require re-roofing permits.
  • The repair of any part of a porch or stoop which does not structurally support a roof above.
  • The replacement or installation of screens.
  • The installation and upgrading of residential insulation.
  • Replacement of exterior rain water gutters and leaders.
  • Remodeling that does not involve structural changes, i.e. repair or replacement of cabinets.
  • The clearance of stoppages or the repair of leaks provided such repairs do not require any change in the piping arrangement.
  • Repairs involving only working parts of a faucet, valve or plumbing fixtures.  Replacement or repair of any faucet or valve provided no re-arrangement of the connecting piping system is rquired.
  • The replacement of any receptacle, switch or lighting fixture rated at 20 amps or less and operating at less than 150 volts to ground with a like or similar items.
  • Repair to any installed electrically operated equipment such as doorbell, communications, or alarm system.
  • The repair or replacement of any component of a fire alarm or smoke and heat detection equipment.
  • Replacement of motors, pumps and fans of the same capacity.
  • Replacement of hot water heaters.

Applications can be obtained from the Borough Office or they can be downloaded from this website. Building and sign permits are issued after review by the Codes Official and Zoning Officer. All applications are in pdf* format. Not all applications are available for download.

Applications, along with the appropriate fees, must be delivered in person to the Borough Office located in the Collegeville Borough Municipal Building.

Subdivision and Land Development

Subdivision/Land Development Application

  • Sketch Plans – Initial, rough drawings of what is proposed. This helps the developer and the Borough start on the right foot by discussing options for the project.
  • Minor Subdivision Plans – When one lot is to be divided into two.
  • Preliminary Land Development or Subdivision Plan – Used for multiple buildings or multiple lots, this is a preliminary submission with more details than the Sketch Plan.
  • Final Land Development or Subdivision Plan – Once the Preliminary Land Development or Subdivision Plan is approved, final changes are made. All outstanding necessary approvals from other agencies are collected. The Planning Commission recommends the plan for approval. It then goes for review by Collegeville Borough Council at their regualr meeting.

The land development process is establihed to ensure smart and planned growth for the Borough.  Borough officials cannot legally “close the door” on development. They can however, set forth guidelines for property use, which applied over time, can help our community remain an attractive and enjoyable place to live.

By law, if a plan meets all zoning requirements, development ordinances, and required approvals, the Board Council must approve a developer’s plan.

Approval Process for Subdivision and Land Development

The process begins with the Planning Commission where applications are reviewed for compliance with the Borough codes and ordinances. The Planning Commission meeting is held on the third Thursday of the month at 7:00 p.m.

When the planning commissioners recommend a plan for approval, it then is sent to Borough Council for review. Borough Coouncil meets on the first Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m.

All meetings are held at the Collegeville Borough Administration Building, 491 E. Main St., Collegeville, PA 19426.

Borough council meets the 1st Wednesday of each month.

Borough of Collegeville

Borough Hall
491 E. Main St., Collegeville, PA 19426
Phone: 610-489-9208
Fax: 610-489-6661
Email Us

Borough Hall Office Hours: Monday - Friday: 9AM – 4PM

Police Department

Emergency: Call 911

Non-emergency (24/7):  610-489-9332

Copyright 2023 Borough of Collegeville.